As a community, we strive to maintain a fun and creative atmosphere for all users—who we call Fanoneers—while also maintaining a sense of encyclopedic quality that we can show off and be proud of. The best way to help with that is for you, our newest Fanoneer, to begin creatively expressing yourself with your article writing, and to get involved with the community! Need some help with your writing? We're here to offer that help in the Writing Center! Want to work with others? Join a FanonProject! The Senate Hall can also be used for asking about anything relating to Star Wars Fanon, including help in following our policies.
You're probably saying, "How can I get involved?" There are a number of ways that you can do that, which are all listed below, so we encourage you to check those out! Very importantly, there are also a number of policies that you will need to be cognizant of and agree to follow so you can have the best time possible, and to help make our great wiki even greater!
- Community Portal
- Writing Center
- Good articles
- Featured articles
- Quote of the Week
- Star Wars Fanon IRC chat
- Star Wars Fanon's official blog
Before you edit
Star Wars Fanon is not about administrators, nor is it about the people who have been given accolades or awards. This wiki is about you, the community member and the valued writer. So long as a sense of encyclopedic standard is maintained, this wiki will continue to be the absolute best it can be, especially once you get involved in our community!
Joining the communityEdit
Hey, Ra98! Sorry if this added message seems a bit overwhelming after the huge welcome message you just received, but what I wanted to say is important enough to re-emphasize it here. I wanted to make sure you were as aware as possible of the fantastic community we have here on the wiki. There is literally so much to do beyond just working on your own articles. I definitely don't want to sound like I'm suggesting you shouldn't work on your own articles, but there's a larger community out there too and we'd all love for you to get involved! If you have any questions about the community, which I strongly encourage you to participate in, don't hesitate to ask me. Thanks, and once again welcome to Star Wars Fanon! – Brandon Rhea (talk) 15:58, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
Mr. Ra98, this wiki is in English, therefore, your articles must be written in that language. Also note the Manual of Style, our primary policy of article guidelines, which all articles must conform to.—TK-999 (Rise of the Empire) 14:36, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Hablas Inglés? Si no es así, sugiero pasar a la filial de habla española . Eso permite wikia artículos en español. Yo no hablo español.-I'm the Chosen OneYou must see it... 16:31, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I moved your page from "User:Urrak Fell Kinn" to Urrak Fell Kinn, without the "User" prefix. When moving pages, there is a drop-down menu beside the title. Click it and select "(Main)" and this will move the page to the mainspace, rather than to another user page. Cheers. :) Trak Nar Ramble on 01:54, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
Eighth Wiki AwardsEdit
Hello! You're receiving this message because you were an editor here on Star Wars Fanon in 2012. Did you know that we're currently holding our eighth annual Star Wars Fanon Wiki Awards? In the wiki awards, you can nominate your favorite articles—written by you or another user—for any of the categories on the page. If you're interested in bragging rights, head on over to the Eighth Wiki Awards and nominate your favorite articles through January 31st. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the award hosts, Brandon Rhea and Trak Nar. We look forward to seeing your nominees!
Re: Friendship Edit
Hey Ra98! I can't create the friendship on my own, but I have proposed it so the community can vote on it. I hope it passes, because I think it'd be great for our two wikis to be friends! If the vote passes, we'll add your wiki to our main page. You'll need to do the same for Star Wars Fanon.
Also, just to clear up any possible misconceptions, you won't be able to vote in the forum since you don't have the required mainspace edits in our voting policy, but feel free to leave a comment.
- Also, I noticed that your main page content is pushed down due to the advertisement in the right hand corner of the page. That can be solved by making the main page into two columns and doing a bunch of other stuff that I can't profess to understand. That said, if you'd like, I can ask one of my colleagues at Wikia who often helps with main pages like that to format your wiki's main page to work around that ad. If you'd like that, just let me know. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 20:41, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Alright. If you change your mind and don't want that big white space there, just let me know. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 17:26, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
Main page tweaksEdit
Hi there. Rappy and I have tweaked the main page for you. I changed the width of the columns, and we made a few other coding tweaks so it respects the ad space. You have some extra space at the bottom now, between the last box on the left and the Friends box, but all in all it looks much better! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 20:14, July 16, 2013 (UTC)