Welcome to my talk page, <insert name here>.
Convicts Dawn Edit
I know it's been a while but a lot of the things I have noticed in the stiry haven;t been cleaned up, namely your purple prose. I can't give my vote unless I can see a better improvement of quality, and it does not count if the story gets better as it goes along. Quality needs to be consistet. Katana Geldar 08:15, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Oh and about working holidays, Weeg doesn't get a Christmas bonus since I didn't ask him to do it tonight. =P - Brandon Rhea (talk) 05:57, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
- If you're around, you're missing the lulz. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 04:19, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Should you manage to catch this in the next 20 minutes and have time, would you stop by IRC? Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 04:49, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, whenever you have a chance, would you be interested in doing our super secret project today? If so, I'll be on IRC for awhile. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 20:37, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Let me be the first to say congrats on your double well-deserved win for both Best Author and Best Fan Work. It was well-deserved. :D Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 05:13, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
deleted page Edit
Weeg deleted a page for Gray Jedi. I often used that page as a reference. Is it possible to retrieve a page after it's deleted? Thanks. —Unsigned comment by Tuskers (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Tell everyone in IRC that I lost my freenode connection just a minute ago and it's not re-establishing. I'll be back in as soon as I can get it sorted. :S Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 01:34, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hey JM. Since you agreed to be a second pair of reviewing eyes on the definitive version of TCO Part 1—and assuming you're still up for that—is there an e-mail I could send some stuff to? I just finished my tweaks of the prologue, and I may finish the tweaks to Chapter 1 tonight too, so I figure I'll send those to you and Solus once I'm done. I'll do a few chapters at a time to make things easier. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 00:45, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
- You can't send attachments through that. If you don't want to say it publicly, do you have a minute to come onto IRC and send it via PM? Or, you could send an e-mail to the admin e-mail, I'll copy your address, and then delete that e-mail from the inbox and trash can. Whatever works. And thanks for still being up for reading it. I didn't get around to finishing the tweaks of Chapter 1 today, but I hope to do that tomorrow. The prologue is finished. It's...different, to say the least, but I like the way it turned out. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 05:37, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Since you're lurking around here anyway ^_^ you could always stop by our favorite cyberspace watering hole if you've got the time. ;) Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 06:05, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
Kicked of IRC Edit
Hey, sorry for my sudden disappearance from IRC last night. My internet randomly died and I couldn't get it back. Let me know the next time you're on IRC. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 17:21, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. I just wanted to let you know that a good article nomination you voted for, Acrolis, has been changed to a featured article nomination, and your vote has been moved along with it. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 15:24, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
- About to stop in if you're still on. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 04:07, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
Man, you erased all your good articles. Jason and the Argonauts skeletons? lol-I'm the Chosen One 21:58, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
- He also deleted his featured article about a tree. Such a shame. - Brandon Rhea (talk) 23:36, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks Jedi Master, I really do enjoy writing articles here, I'll categorize the articles I write from now on.. Nice meeting, Tal-El.
- We're having a party. Care to stop by? Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 03:32, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
The Alan Parsons Project Edit
- Just a short update (unless we for some reason want to make a FanonProject page for this thing): I have just convinced the honorable Brandon Rhea to join the Alan Parsons Project! This brings us up to a six-person team of myself, Goodwood, Solus, JM76, Trak, and (obviously) Brandon (supergeeky said he'd like to contribute, but isn't sure he'll have the time. Incidentally, I can't seem to find his talk page). -MPK, Free Man 18:54, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
- ULTRA-SUPER XXXXTREME UPDATE: As of this posting, the Alan Parsons Project is officially at a go. Each of you should soon receive an e-mail containing the outlines of your assigned chapters, along with some guidelines. Good writing, everyone, and thanks for joining the team. -MPK, Free Man 22:02, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Since Goodwood just e-mailed me back with some confusion, I'd like to clear something up in case anyone else is also confused. Contained within the attachment in each e-mail are two documents (I will explain), each in the name "Fragment, Chapter XX". Both files are identical in the first section (containing the guidelines and suggested reading material as mentioned in the e-mail). Past that first section, there is an outline for the chapter which the file is for; however, the file probably also contains some fragments of other chapter outlines. This is deliberate. The purpose of the incomplete pieces is to give some limited "context" as for what is going on elsewhere in the story. You are only assigned to write the chapters which correspond to the names of the two files.
- Thus, if the two files you get are "Fragment, Chapter 5" and "Fragment, Chapter 9", then you write Chapter 5 using the information on Chapter 5 from its file, and you do the same for Chapter 9. Any and all information that belongs to chapters you are not assigned to, and which you find in the two files you received, is just there; you may use it to get some you context, but you can also (if the information is from a previous chapter) refer back to those events or (if it's for a later chapter) write some foreshadowing. The reason I decided to do this (admittedly silly in hindsight) thing hails from the story that inspired this project, Atlanta Nights. AN which was a deliberately awful collaborative novel written by various authors, who all wrote their chapters without being given enough information on what happened elsewhere to possibly allow coherence between chapters.
- I apologize for any and all confusing confusion; the reason there are two files is that I made each chapter file separate from each other, assigned the chapters more-or-less randomly, and then rather than combining them, just gave everyone their two files. I hope that this clears it all up. -MPK, Free Man 14:39, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
Special invitation for Jedi Master 76!Edit
Hey, you! Yes, you!
You're cordially invited to the 7th Annual Wiki Awards on the Star Wars Fanon Wiki! Come nominate, procrastinate, marinate, and pontificate over the best and brightest of the community's offerings with us! Sample the choicest works with your critical eye (monocle sold separately) and submit your own works for a chance to be enshrined in the annals of Star Wars Fanon history. You might write whatever you want to because it's fun, but getting shiny awards and bragging rights doesn't hurt either, right? We didn't think so.
Don't force yourself into exile, or look for alternative activities this winter. Whether your work is one of the myriad incarnations of Revan, a Sith Lord with a hard-to-pronounce name, or some random teenager's pet pittin, you'll find an entry where it belongs. (Editor's note: "Best Incarnation of Revan" and "Best Hard-To-Pronounce-Sith" did not make the categories list this year.) It's time to break out the ancient Sith armor and capes, the dress uniforms for every soldier, and something to catch the eye for every pretty lass. And did I mention our sponsors include Sarth's Darths, provider of the finest black capes in the galaxy? Join our star-crossed, er…star-studded collection of Star Wars Fanon administrators including Brandon Rhea, Goodwood, and Trak Nar as we celebrate the individualism and creativity on this wiki. And if you thought this announcement was cheesy, you ain't seen nothing yet. (Consider this a warning to those, like Fiolli, who are lactose intolerant.)
So fire up the hyperdrive, hope it doesn't catapult you a few millennia forwards or backwards in time, and head on over to the Seventh Wiki Awards. We'd love for you to nominate deserving works (including yours!) and help us choose the best entries for this year! We can't pick between all the entries without you! And if you see any other special snowflakes who need invited to the extravaganza, just slap this message on their talk page to spread some holiday cheer… or something.
So from two folks who've contributed far more at Wookieepedia than here, who habitually bring you either terrible puns or delicious pasta, please accept our sincerest invitation to the Seventh Wiki Awards. And remember, we're doing this all for the community, because that's what really matters on this wiki. Right? Yeah…
- Popping in now if you're free. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 02:53, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the offer. I'm currently fixing Category:Superweapons and WhatLinksHere says there are more than 500 left. I have already cleaned Category:Starships by affiliation, Category:Capital ship classes and Category:Star Destroyer variants as well as their subcats, but I don1t know what else could come. It's up to you. Cheers! TK999 20:19, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
Okay thanks for the tip. I will look at the tutorial. thanks also for doing the Anakin Skywalker categories for me Cheers Grand master aylard (Talk) 19:05, January 8, 2012 (UTC)Grand Master AylardGrand master aylard (Talk) 19:05, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
I would appreciate it if you would tell me how to change existing categories as Admiral Daala is NOT a member of Darth Krayt's empire. she is a member of the New Galactic Empire.
What is this I don't even...Edit
- Hilarious typo, Freudian slip, or secret offscreen femslash revealed? You decide here on Fair And Balanced SWF News!
“Ralina and Eliorae abandoned each other for the sake of others.”—This would imply they had a "thing" going at some time
He prepared the super cannon that he had prepared and prepared to use the prepared super cannon that he prepared.Edit
- We are greatly enjoying your epic
lulztales, JM. Thank you very much. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 05:22, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
Hey. I was hoping to use a JS hack to batch delete the list of unused files, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. I was hoping that, if you have a chance, you could have Weeg delete the list of unused files, which you can find written out here. Thanks in advance! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 06:52, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
- A few of those files I had nixed (including two that apparently were used, whoops), so Weeg has at least three less files to delete. Trak Nar Ramble on 07:12, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
Vandalism Policy Edit
User highlights Edit
Template issue Edit
Hey JM. The Days of Dissidence template that you use, such as on Knights of the Old Republic: Dark Covenant, is formatted correctly in Monobook, but not the Wikia skin. In the Wikia skin, because the content space is smaller, it's basically squished together with the infobox in a way that templates normally don't appear when they conflict with each other. Here's a screenshot:
- The simple fix for this is for JM to be less lazy and add more article content so they don't overlap! Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 19:53, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
WRY U NO?Edit
Category Exhibition Edit
Hey. Since you use Monobook, and since Category Exhibition is now enabled per this forum, I just wanted to let you know that you'll need to toggle to the category list view in any category. You can go to Category:Browse and do it there. As a reminder of where it is:
The list view is the set of five lines next to the drop down menu, just like in that image. That will allow you to see the traditional category view, which is the only one that works in Monobook. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:00, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi again. I was told by Goodwood that the display of categories did not change for him in Monobook and remained in the list view. I had tested this feature off-wiki before enabling it here, and while using Monobook I had to make the switch. I’m not sure why I encountered a difference in functionality, but as long as it works for you then that’s what matters. If you encounter any issues, please let me know. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 11:44, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
DC 3rd segment Edit
- DARK COVENANT SEGMENT WHERE? Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 20:03, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
Weeg is needed Edit
Hey JM. I'd like to send out a message about the Eighth Wiki Awards to all of the users on this list (click Edit to view the list), letting them know they can nominate their stuff or anyone else's stuff. Could you use Weeg to do that, since there are hundreds of users on the list? If you can, please let me know ASAP and I'll provide you with the message to send. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 03:19, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes indeed. The message can be as follows:
- Hello! You're receiving this message because you were an editor here on Star Wars Fanon in 2012. Did you know that we're currently holding our eighth annual Star Wars Fanon Wiki Awards? In the wiki awards, you can nominate your favorite articles—written by you or another user—for any of the categories on the page. If you're interested in bragging rights, head on over to the Eighth Wiki Awards and nominate your favorite articles through January 31st. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the award hosts, Brandon Rhea and Trak Nar. We look forward to seeing your nominees!
- I swear, if Weeg leaves one of those on my talk page…well, I'll save the rest of that consequence for IRC. >:( Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 04:00, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Have Weeg add one to my talk page. If it works in Oasis, that's good enough for me. While many of our core users use Monobook, they're not 99.9% of the people on that list. Plus I'm sure Monobook users know about the 8WA already. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 04:45, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Eighth Wiki AwardsEdit
Hello! You're receiving this message because you were an editor here on Star Wars Fanon in 2012. Did you know that we're currently holding our eighth annual Star Wars Fanon Wiki Awards? In the wiki awards, you can nominate your favorite articles—written by you or another user—for any of the categories on the page. If you're interested in bragging rights, head on over to the Eighth Wiki Awards and nominate your favorite articles through January 31st. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the award hosts, Brandon Rhea and Trak Nar. We look forward to seeing your nominees!
- Your presence is requested in the IRC channel. Failure to join may result in silver earrings being tossed at you. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 01:49, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Knight of Alderaan upgradeEdit
Hello, JM. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but I've always thought of myself as one of your biggest fans. As a way of honoring the incredible work you've produced and published on SWF, Knight of Alderaan, I thought I would try my hand at a little upgrade for the article's page, based on what I do for my own Force Exile series. It's not much, but it was the least I could for such a renowned author as yourself who's written such inspiring works. You can find my humble attempt at improving the article at User:Atarumaster88/KOA. What I did was fix a painful grammar mistake in the BTS, add a detailed plot summary, and provide a cover produced by none other than my own cover artist, the inimitably talented Solus. I hope you like the improvements I made enough to possibly use some of it on the official KOA page. Oh, and I also FWN'd the novel.