User pages are a sort of "home page" for users on Star Wars Fanon. These pages can be used as a way to tell other people about you, as a workspace, or just a way to express yourself as a user. The user page policy covers a few ground rules for user pages, as well as Message Walls and signatures.
User page rulesEdit
The following are the rules for user pages:
- Content. You may add whatever you want to your user page, as long as it does not violate this policy, any other policy, or any Wikia policies.
- Image hosting. Star Wars Fanon is not an image host. Please do not add images that have no use on Star Wars Fanon.
- Categories. You may add certain user-based categories to your user page, but in-universe categories should not be added.
If you post something on your user page that violates any of these policies, then that content will be subject to removal.
Editing someone else's user pageEdit
In general, editing someone else's user page is a practice that's discouraged. You have the ability to edit another user page, but that doesn't mean you should. Here are a few acceptable reasons for editing another person's user page:
- To fix broken coding, templates, or images.
- To replace or remove deleted images or templates.
- To remove in-universe categories.
- To remove content that violates Star Wars Fanon's policies.
Edits to another person's user page that do not meet the above policies may be subject to removal. The edits above are also allowed on another person's Message Wall, when relevant.
The following are rules pertaining to the use of user signatures on Star Wars Fanon:
- You may only have one image in your signature. It should not be of excessive size, and cannot be an animated .GIF.
- You must include your actual user name or most common name in your signature.
- You may only include relevant links in your signature, such as your Message Wall, contributions, etc.
- Signatures must not be of excessive length.
Signatures that violate the above policy may be edited by an administrator to ensure that they follow the policies.