Welcome to Star Wars Fanon! This is the Star Wars fanon and fan fiction wikia that anyone can edit, including you! To help make sure that Star Wars Fanon is a fun and welcoming community for everyone, we have a few Participation Guidelines to keep in mind so everyone knows what’s expected when you edit here. These guidelines are as follows:
- Assume good faith. You should assume all users are editing with good intent until they give you a reason to believe otherwise. This is the guiding principle behind any collaborative project.
- Be civil. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. Remember that everyone you talk to is an actual person, not a faceless computer screen. Do not attack or insult other users. If you wouldn’t say it to their face, don’t say it via text.
- Don’t be disruptive. If your behavior is non-constructive and interferes with the well-being of the wikia, then your behavior has become disruptive. This includes spam, vandalism, non-constructively derailing a conversation, harassment, exploiting or gaming policies to prove a point, and anything else that negatively disrupts the normal flow of activity on Star Wars Fanon.
- Don’t edit war. In general, to edit war means to get into back-and-forth edit reversions with another user or users. If you disagree with an edit that someone has made, try contacting an administrator rather than getting into an unnecessary argument. Also remember the editing guidelines that cover what you are allowed to change in other peoples' pages.
- Don’t feed the trolls. It's unfortunate, but there are people online who will purposely try to provoke you into an emotional response, generally through harassment or other negative behavior. Don't respond them, because they just want attention. Instead, report them to an administrator.
- Don’t sockpuppet. Sockpuppeting means purposely using alternate accounts to deceive other users into believing you are more than one person, generally for reasons that benefit the main account. You only need one account on Star Wars Fanon. If you have more than one account, please say so on your user page.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, feel free to ask an administrator or the rest of the community in the Senate Hall forum.