Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Rebel Hero Roster was one of four rosters of legendary heroes in the galaxy. It described each listed person/droid and what made him/her a hero of the Rebel Alliance. Here are some abbreviated excerpts about each hero in the book.
- Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis: The founders of the Alliance, no one could have done a better job than them, even if they were often divided on the issue of how to run it.
- Leia Organa: Princess of Alderaan, adopted daughter of Bail Organa, and later revealed to be the biological daughter of Anakin Skywalker, Leia was a beacon of hope to all of us who wanted true justice and freedom in the galaxy. Her Force-sensitivity apparently had something to do with this, according to her brother Luke. After Bail died, she was needed more than ever to spur on the Rebel cause, and she did it with a vengeance.
Soldiers, commanders and other heroesEdit
- Rahm Kota: A grizzled Jedi General who never trusted the clone troopers, Kota forced our cause to take more direct action, and we all owe him for that, even if his personality was not altogether likeable.
- Galen Marek and his clone: Though he used to be a remorseless Jedi killer, Marek proved himself a hero by saving the Alliance leaders from the Emperor in the Death Star in 2 BBY. Two years later, his one good clone saved Marek's lover Juno Eclipse's life and won a decisive victory for the Rebellion at Kamino.
- Juno Eclipse: Juno once committed a war crime when intimidated by Darth Vader, but she later pledged herself to the Rebel Alliance, and atoned for her crime by bringing Admiral Ackbar and the Mon Calamari and Quarren into the cause. Ackbar remembered her example, and advised his daughter to give more deserting Imperials a chance to prove themselves worthy.
- Gial Ackbar: Ackbar's genius in leading the Alliance fleet could rival that of the Imperial Grand Admirals. Even Thrawn himself couldn't outsmart a Mon Cala so devoted to depending on the Force.
- Carlist Rieekan: Rieekan still bears the burden of the destruction of Alderaan on his shoulders, but his extreme caution that resulted from it had saved the Rebellion from complete destruction multiple times. Even people who found it hard to love him are sincerely grateful for that.
- Jan Dodonna and Crix Madine: These are a couple of examples of former Imperials who became disillusioned with the Empire. Dodonna was forcefully flung into the Rebels' arms, but directed several victorious battles, and Madine was appalled by what the Empire was doing with his Storm commandos, and couldn't serve them anymore.
- Airen Cracken and Bren Derlin: Two Rebel soldiers, these men fought valiantly in the Battle of Hoth and helped win the Battle of Endor for the Rebellion.
- Dash Rendar: His activities have been mostly classified, due to his unorthodox behavior and smuggling activities, but he helped Leia and some other Rebels locate where Han Solo had been taken after being frozen in carbonite.
- Kyle Katarn: A former Imperial stormtrooper, Kyle agreed to serve the Alliance, and was known to have brought down the Dark trooper project, saving many people from destruction at the hands of these droid troopers.
- Jobin: He was a brave Rebel soldier on Hoth. Sadly, he fell victim to Darth Vader, but he stood up to Vader instead of cowering before him, and sent a loving goodbye message to his relative, Mon Mothma herself.
- Dice Ibegon and Lak Sivrak: They were two alien lovers. Dice was Force-sensitive. Lak was skeptical about the Force initially, but Dice taught him to believe in it. Then, after Dice died in the Battle of Hoth, and later, Lak died in the Battle of Endor, Dice helped them both retain consciousness within the Force. According to Luke Skywalker, their spirits now live on Endor for eternity.
- Clones: Despite Kota's strong skepticism, some clone deserters proved themselves as heroes of the Alliance, wanting redemption for their past actions during and after Order 66. Individual Rebel clone troopers included clone commanders Cody and Gree, ARC troopers Echo, Fives and Fordo, Force-sensitive clone X2, who led Grey Squadron, and regular troopers Cutup, Droidbait, Hevy, Jek, Rys, Razor, Stak, Waxer, Boil, Jesse, Hardcase, Kix, and Tup. It should also be mentioned that these clones found a cure for their accelerated aging in the form of a vaccine created by a Mandalorian mercenary, Kal Skirata.
- Cody: Commander Cody deserted the Empire over guilt felt from his actions during Order 66, and joined with Ahsoka Tano's family of clone deserters and younglings during the Dark Times. During this time, he found Jedi survivor Barriss Offee by accident, and brought her into Ahsoka's family. After Barriss finally felt at ease with the clones, Cody helped her support the Alliance in its early days, supplying it with much needed resources.
- Gree: Commander Gree, with the Wookiees Tarfful and Chewbacca, saved Yoda from Order 66, and then hid with Ahsoka and the other clone deserters. Gree later teamed up with the Alliance, providing his knowledge of alien cultures and how to ally with alien friends and fight alien enemies. He helped Juno Eclipse ally the Mon Calamari and the Quarren with the Rebels in 0 BBY, and in 4 ABY, he helped C-3PO win the alligence of the Ewoks. We definitely needed him to find aliens who wanted to be saved, or to save themselves, from Imperial tyranny.
- Jesse, Hardcase, Kix, Tup, Fives and Echo: These four regular troopers and two ARC troopers helped Rex save Ahsoka's life at the end of the Clone Wars, subsequently fighting against the Empire as best they could. Fives and Jesse died on Alderaan when the planet was destroyed, but Hardcase, Kix, Tup, and Echo lived to see the end of the Empire. Echo once saved General Kota's life, and the lives of some of Kota's militia, earning some grudging respect from Kota.
- Fordo: This Alpha-class ARC trooper left the Empire because of his independent mind, and later became a commander in the Alliance army's Special Forces.
- Cutup, Droidbait and Hevy: These three originally trained with Fives and Echo on Kamino. Narrowly surviving the Battle of the Rishi Moon, they came to the Rebellion many years later and fought beside their old trainees. Hevy died valiantly at Kamino, while Droidbait met his end on Hoth, and Cutup lived to see the Empire fall.
- The other Fett clones: Waxer, Boil, Razor, Stak, Jek, and Rys, of course, became disillusioned with the Empire as well, and fought for the Rebellion after its formation. Waxer, Jek, and Rys survived the war, while Boil, Razor, and Stak didn't.
- X2: A former clone trooper of the Republic, and Force-sensitive, X2 was recruited into the Rebel Alliance by Rahm Kota himself, and became Grey Leader of Grey Squadron, a flying squad of the Alliance starfighter corps. He helped fight and destroy both Death Stars, and later defeated his evil clone brother, X1, who wanted to use his own Empire to reclaim the galaxy. Then he became a Jedi of the New Jedi Order.
- Barriss Offee: After nearly being vaporized by the turbolasers of an AT-TE, Jedi Barriss was constantly on the run from Imperial Jedi hunters, until Cody found her on Nar Shaddaa in 12 BBY. She immensely disliked and distrusted clones after her ordeal, but Ahsoka and Cody helped her recover gradually. She and Cody provided material for the Rebellion, since Barriss preferred restoration of the Republic to supporting Ahsoka's Confederate Alliance, and in 0 BBY, after the first Death Star was destroyed, was reunited with an old friend from Drongar during the Clone Wars, Dr. Uli Divini. Barriss also met and befriended the Heroes of Yavin, and fought alongside them and the Rebels in many battles, falling in love with Uli along the way, until she selflessly sacrificed herself in the Battle over the Pit of Carkoon, retaining her individuality in the Force afterwards.
- Kornell "Uli" Divini: A former Republic surgeon, Uli was enslaved by the Empire through the Imperial Military Stop Loss Order, becoming an Imperial doctor. He met, and was infatuated with, Barriss Offee during the Clone Wars, and cried when he and the rest of the galaxy thought she had died. From 19 to 0 BBY, he did nonstop unwilling servitude for the Empire, until, after meeting Princess Leia Organa and some disillusioned fellow Imperials on the Death Star, he finally escaped, was reunited with Barriss, and pledged himself to the Rebellion, despite some mistrust for our movement. He served as a battle surgeon, often alongside 2-1B and FX-7 medical droids, and saved many lives. He also declared his love for Barriss, and had an affair with her. At the Battle of Endor, he died when the medical frigate Redemption was destroyed by the second Death Star, but he saw Barriss's spirit in a vision just beforehand, according to an account by Luke Skywalker, and she helped him retain his personality in the Force. Luke says that they now split their time between Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Dac, and Raxus for eternity.
- Shaeeah Lawquane: The adopted Twi'lek daughter of a clone deserter who became a farmer, Shaeeah Lawquane wanted to save the Lawquane's home world, Saleucami, from what happened to Alderaan. She came to the Rebellion wielding a DC-15S blaster carbine, the standard weapon for Republic clone troopers. Kota, admittedly, couldn't believe that a Fett clone could desert and become a farmer with a family he loved, but Shaeeah defended Cut (her father's name), and Kota agreed to let her join. She proved herself well as a soldier, especially at Hoth and Endor. When she went home to visit her family, she returned with the greatest honors a Rebel trooper could have. They say her parents and younger brother Jek were very proud of her.
- Teela Kaarz: An architect, and a former Imperial political prisoner, Miss Kaarz deserted the Death Star with Uli Divini and Vil Dance and decided to join the Rebellion. What makes her famous is that she realized that, as monstrous as the Death Star was, not everyone on board was a monster. Even General Kota felt a little guilty for not having thought of it himself.
- Davin Felth: Like Kyle Katarn, Davin was once a stormtrooper. He never liked the anonymity that went into the Stormtrooper Corps, however, and he soon realized the Empire was barbaric. On Tatooine, he saved Han Solo's life when Solo was leaving the planet with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker, and became a spy from within the Empire's ranks.
- Raymus Antilles: He was a brave captain who served Bail Organa and flew the Tantive IV for him. He flew many mercy missions for Princess Leia, too, until Vader murdered him.
- Wedge Antilles and Tycho Celchu: There have never been more legendary Rebel pilots than these, except for Skywalker, of course. They were legends of the famous Rogue Squadron, surviving longer than any other prominent pilots and winning many battles for the Rebellion.
- Biggs Darklighter: One of Luke's best friends on Tatooine, Biggs greatly helped Luke to make it to the point of the Death Star trench before he was shot down by Vader. He was also the only cheerful member of Red Squadron before the Battle of Yavin.
- Garven "Dave" Dreis: Red Leader at Yavin, Dreis was sure that he could lead his men to victory against the Death Star. And he did, even through his death.
- Villian "Vil" Dance: A former Imperial pilot, Vil was a brave Rebel pilot who also provided some previously unknown knowledge about the runnings of a TIE fighter to us. He also married Teela Kaarz.
- Keyan Farlander: Farlander lost almost everything to the Empire when his home world was bombarded. He found a new life with the Rebels, discovered his Force-sensitivity, survived the Battle of Yavin, and ultimately became a Jedi.
- Jek Tono Porkins: Porkins was a great fighter pilot, greater than his last name and his girth gave him credit for. He was the first to die at Yavin, but he's still remembered as a Rebel hero.
- Zev Senesca, Wes Janson, Derek "Hobbie" Klivian and Dak Ralter: These four pilots flew snowspeeders on Hoth. Zev found Luke and Han when they were lost in the wilderness. Zev and Dak died in the Battle of Hoth, but Janson and Hobbie survived.
- Theron Nett: He was a smuggler once, but found a new purpose in the Alliance. He considered Dreis to be a mentor, and, like him, died at Yavin.
- Dorovio Bold: A Rogue Squadron veteran, she joined the Alliance after learning that Alderaan was destroyed by the Empire.
- Grizz Frix: Another Rogue Squadron veteran, he was recruited from the Alliance's Support Services. He honed his flying skills in an old airspeeder on Devaron.
- Keir Santage: Santage was a Rogue Squadron veteran like Bold and Frix. His friend Wedge rescued him from an Imperial detention center once.
Legends of the AllianceEdit
- Han Solo: Captain Solo was more than just a hero. He saved Skywalker several times, fell in love with Princess Leia, almost killed the merciless bounty hunter Boba Fett, and helped win the Battles of Yavin and Endor. Now he has married Leia, and will do almost anything for his friends.
- Lando Calrissian: Calrissian was a gambler, and his gamble at the Battle of Endor paid off when he and the Rebel fleet defeated the Emperor's trap at the second Death Star.
- Chewbacca: This Wookiee was a legend among Wookiees. He fought hard in the Clone Wars, was on the run from the Empire for a while, endured many years of slavery, was freed by Captain Solo, fought for the Rebellion, and gave some extra muscle to the Ewok warriors during the fight around the shield generator bunker. Few modern Wookiees have gone through that much adventure, or gained as many friends as Chewbacca did.
- C-3PO and R2-D2: Threepio and Artoo, as they're called for short, were unlikely heroes. Threepio was a prissy, somewhat cowardly protocol droid who was always annoying Captain Solo, and Artoo was a feisty astromech droid who was a little too independent for a droid. However, even they have done some memorable things. Artoo assisted and/or saved his friends countless times, and while Threepio seemed to be mostly useless, he finally proved helpful when it came to forging an alliance with the Ewoks, although I recall Clone Commander Gree helped with that, too. These droids, who were such opposites, complimented each other amazingly well, and were even best friends.
- Luke Skywalker: Luke Skywalker is almost inarguably the greatest hero of the Rebel Alliance. He destroyed the first Death Star, rescued Princess Leia, learned about the ways of the Jedi and the Force from several Jedi survivors, defeated Jabba the Hutt, saved his friends from Jabba, and brought balance to the Force through his defeat of Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. And he did it all purely with the help of the Force. Without him, the Alliance may never have won the Galactic Civil War. May the Force be with us all!