Decreton Shipyards, formerly known as Unknown Explorers, was the largest military shipbuilding corporation in the galaxy at the time of the Sith Crusade, and was based within the Empire of the Sith Order of Decreto. Founded by Gorn Krill in 26 ABY, the company served only those within the Unknown Regions and built up several strong trading relationships with the galactic powers.
Following the rise of Darth Abeonis and his conquest of Decreton Shipyards main facility, the company sold its products mainly to the Decreton Empire, although it still supplied its goods to other powers in order to limit suspicion in the Sith. StarFleet Command's fleet consisted almost entirely of Decreton Shipyards vessels, with only captured vessels being the exception. During the Sith Crusade the company continued to expand, this time at a massive rate. Although refusing custom from the Galactic Alliance, did not sell exclusively to the Sith; many planetary governments purchased its weapons for the purposes of defending their planet from the Sith and Galactic Alliance, although Sith shield modifications made Decreton Shipyards weapons useless against their vessels.
Besides starships and vehicles, Decreton Shipyards later expanded to produce several distinct lines of planetary defense weaponry.
Facilities and constructionEdit
The actual Decreton Shipyards were a collection of various facilities throughout the Unknown Regions, with he primary shipyards in orbit of the planet Klasse Ephemora. Usually, the actual construction facilities were made up of three to four solid, semi-circular orbital arrays that surrounded the planets they served. These stations were split into smaller units, designated as slipways, offices, machine shops, factories, drydocks, or apartments for workers. Each unit was capable of fully constructing two Hammer-class Star Destroyers at a time, totally independent of other units. Most citizens on these planets lived and worked within the shipyards, serving in several roles, including militia. These orbital arrays were usually lightly armed, sufficient to deal with pirates or small warships, though anything above a frigate was beyond the capabilities of the facilities defenses. As such, it was not uncommon for the facilities to use the orbital defense platforms they constructed to ensure their own security.
By the close of the Sith Crusade Decreton Shipyards had facilities in a number of other systems throughout the Sith Empire:
- Kuat, formally home to Kuat Drive Yards before to absorption into Decreton Shipyards, with facilities for the construction of capital ships, combat vehicles, and gunships.
- Ni was the location of a major civilian vessel production facility.
- The Unnamed ice world was home to a top secret division of Decreton Shipyards, responsible for the design and production of prototype warships. It was in these facilities that the Ultima-class Super Star Destroyer and NX-03 Space/Terrain Mark III and Mark IV were designed.
- Fondor was a major production facility owned by Decreton Shipyards, and the main supplier of warships for the Sith Coalition during the Successors War.
- Hardpoint One was the location of one of Decreton Shipyards smaller facilites. Built to support the Sith expansionary campaign, the facility was destroyed during the battle of Hardpoint One during the Zao tenj War.
|Decreton Shipyards warships|